View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 04, 2007, 03:34pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
If you read the OP, the topic starter said there was no travel in his judgment. Secondly, just because a coach thinks there is a travel, does not make it so. I also do not make a habit of explain travels to coaches. So you seem more concerned about what you have to say to a coach than what might be considered consistent throughout the game or calling something that is a minor infraction. Of course that is your right, but that does not mean I have to agree with it.

Peace
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(From original post)
I had a situation and am still struggling with how I handled it. I'm lead. Pass comes into low post to A1, who has his back to the basket. Defender B1 jumps and bumps A1, who is not really trying for the basket yet. I hold my whistle...A1 does a good job gathering himself, turns to go to the basket.....and travels

I don't care how a coach, fan, or player feels about me. I care about the game. I give each team a far and impartial chance at winning within the rules of the game. If you feel you need to classify infractions as minor and decide whice infractions to call and which not to so much , it sounds to me like you are helping to decide the outcome of the game. Just an observation, nothing personal