View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 04, 2002, 11:12pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
I should've been more specific. I am talking about a Men's game. Sorry.

Here's the rules sections that I was talking about it my initial post.

Rule 8-1-8 "(Men) A teammate of the free-thrower shall be entitled to the second adjacent lane space on each side and an opponent of the free-thrower shall be entitled to occupy either of the next two lane spaces on each side." (emphasis mine)

I took this to mean that you couldn't have opponents in both the 3rd and 4th lane space on the same side. Was I right about that?

Quote:
Originally posted by crew
in mens nc2a the players have no designated space to fill(except the block).
I don't think that's true, tony. Rule 8-1-4 says "A teammate of the free-thrower may occupy the third space when it is not already taken but may never occupy the fourth space". That sounds like the spaces are designated. Maybe I'm being too strict in my reading, but that's how it sounds to me.
Chuck - You're right in your response to Tony. Team B MUST occupy space 1 on each side and has first choice on space 3 on each side. Team A MAY occupy space 2 (or 3 if B chooses not to) but never space 4.

As for your initial question...i don't see a problem with Team B having players in Space 1 on both sides, then Spaces 3 and 4 on the same side.

Jake