View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 04, 2007, 09:20am
Huck Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYRef
I didn't blame the officials for that crap. But can you honestly say that issuing 8 technicals and throwing out half the team was the right way to handle it?
Give me a break.

Tomegun, I've said it before that I am currently doing 8th grade games. This is my first year officiating. So what does that have to do with anything other than to try and belittle my opinion? I love the way you guys get on your high horse and ask that question as soon as someone disagrees. What level do you do??
I asked you this question because of the following:

1. Too many people are quick to say what they would do in a game and have never been at that level and/or in that situation. You are a perfect example of that. Doing 8th grade games does not compare to a good JV game let alone a varsity game.
2. I'm not trying to belittle your opinion. I'm trying to put your opinion into perspective. How would you feel if a rookie cop stood up in a meeting and said what should be done during a major drug bust or arrest? I thought so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYRef
God forbid someone questions the actions of thy lord god Referee. I guess you can't even post here if you're not a D-1 or Varsity official. That's a great way to encourage new officials to get in the game. Don't forget, you were all there once too.

And after 20+ years in law enforcement, I've seen enough to know that situations that go downhill fast can many times be exacerbated by the actions of the ones in charge.
Unfortunately, this isn't law enforcement, this is officiating. One of the hardest things in officiating is for a successful adult to begin officiating. That person may have experienced success in other areas of life, but this is officiating and you are at the "bottom of the totem pole" when you start out.

Also, I was there once in my career. Back in that day, we were seen and not heard. In other words, I listened, learned and shut up! I didn't have any or enough experience so I didn't have any bold statements concerning what should be done. That doesn't happen enough anymore.
Since I have been officiating for quite some time I have developed a sense when someone is talking out the side of their neck. You should give me credit for this since I was right on point with you and correctly sniffed out the fact that you made bold statements but you have never been in a position to experience what you are saying should have been done. I assume you wouldn't stand for that in law enforcement so why should I stand for it in officiating?