View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 04, 2007, 08:59am
PYRef

I didn't blame the officials for that crap. But can you honestly say that issuing 8 technicals and throwing out half the team was the right way to handle it?
Give me a break.

Tomegun, I've said it before that I am currently doing 8th grade games. This is my first year officiating. So what does that have to do with anything other than to try and belittle my opinion? I love the way you guys get on your high horse and ask that question as soon as someone disagrees. What level do you do?? God forbid someone questions the actions of thy lord god Referee. I guess you can't even post here if you're not a D-1 or Varsity official. That's a great way to encourage new officials to get in the game. Don't forget, you were all there once too.

I've been on both sides of the court, coach and official. And after 20+ years in law enforcement, I've seen enough to know that situations that go downhill fast can many times be exacerbated by the actions of the ones in charge.

Jurassic, I wasn't there and don't know exactly what happened in this case, but according to the OP I think the officials were wrong (there, I said it!) for allowing the game to even continue. You would have forfeited that game long before that too, so don't even tell me that you think it was handled properly.