Thread: Eyepoke
View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 04, 2007, 02:05am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells
Jeff, let me ask you. You ever actually seen the finger contact the eye on this? I think it's almost impossible to catch with the human eye in regular speed. If I don't see the swipe, or if I don't see the hand near the face, I'm not going to call it. But if I see the hand swipe near the face and the ball handler reacts, I'm likely to have a foul.
Yes I have been poked in the eye or near the eye before. And yes I have called someone being poked in the eye when I have seen it. Now what is your point? The issue is whether we call something that we see. If we do not see something, we should not be in the habit of just calling something because it looks bad or because a player falls. If a player falls to the floor do you make a call because a player was around them? What about if a player is hit in the groin area? Do you just call something because you think something happen? If I missed something like this, it will not be the first time and it definitely will not be the last. I know I am not going to call something just because as many have suggest. Once again, this is why we get paid the big bucks to make the tough decisions.

Peace