View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 03, 2007, 11:57pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BktBallRef
What has the game fee got to do with treating girls fairly?

Title IX addresses giving girls the same opportunites and benefits as boys. If boys have access to the weight room, then girls should too. If the school provides uniforms for the boys team, they must provide them for the girls. If the school provides three officials for boys games, they should provide three officials for girls games.

Why do you rpovide three officials for boys? Because it's a better officiated game. Your situation is a Title IX action waiting to happen.
Don't ask me, I'm not a lawyer nor have I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express lately. All I know is the various games fees for the different conferences and private schools are always the same for Boys as they are for Girls. Whether it be $60 for AA, $70 for AAA, $55 for one school, or $60 for another. But, with one exception, the only 3-man we do during the regular season is AAA Boys. The exception is a Single-A school where we do 3-man V/JV doubleheaders for both Girls and Boys.

Know what's really dumb. In the post season tournaments AA does 3-man all the way through for Girls & Boys. But the AAA tournament, the Girls 1st-round gets 2-man but then the Semi-finals & Finals get 3-man.