Thread: Eyepoke
View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 03, 2007, 11:37pm
Official Forum Member

in 8 years of officiating I have never seen a player with the ball flop -- when I have called these it is VERY evident that they were poked -- NO PLAYER is going to put themselves in a weak position WITH the ball

like I said flops occur when they lose the ball, after a shot or turnover. but any player with an IQ over 2 will not put themselves at a huge disadvantage when they have the ball ESPECIALLY when the STAR player is guarding them -- also after 8 years I would like to think I can sniff out the flops or 2 and sometimes they might sneak by me but they are usually in block charge scenarios

IMO no player will flop here. Also if a player does get poked and lets say I do not call it and the other team steals and scores and player is in pain so I stop the game to see if hes ok -- if his eye is watery like you know what -- I would tell the coach I messed up no problem -- but honest reactions are easy to read IMO

JRUT -- I agree - i am not saying call all pokes in the eye -- I am saying there are instances where it is necessary and you might not have actually seen the POKE

Last edited by deecee; Wed Jan 03, 2007 at 11:41pm.