View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 02, 2007, 12:05pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by IREFU2
Why do yo always have to make stuff harder than it is? If he thought it was a shooting foul, than so be it. I was just giving my 2 cents on the whole game because one day I may have to eval some of my buddies. I never said anyone screwed up. So, stop reading between the lines.
Again, that just confuses the heck outa me. You said that there shouldn't have been any shots. The calling official gave 2 shots. Someone sureasheck must have screwed up and was wrong on this play- and it had to be either the calling official or you.

I'm not really trying to make things harder than they are. I'm just trying to figure out why your judgement watching the game on tv was completely different than the official who had to make the call. I do a little evaluating too. In cases like this, I usually ask the official what they saw before I make up my mind whether they screwed up the call or not. I also like to see if there are any other views available than the one that I've seen. Sometimes the camera does lie, especially if the play is being viewed from different angles. But....hey, that's just me though. Shrug. Take it fwiw, which is nothing really.