View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 01, 2007, 04:16pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to IREFU2 Send a message via Yahoo to IREFU2
My Eval of the game

I watched the game and here is my eval. I think the officials did a wonderful job. I will be putting it on DVD for a training DVD for my fellow officials here in VA. It had a little bit of everything:

Time 6:12, First Quarter:

Good carry call. That was an excellent call. #5 was okay until that carry.

5:65, First Quarter:

Crash, No call. I replayed it back a couple of times and felt there should had been a whistle. #42 clearly had position and in my opinion there should have been a PC call.

49.2, First Quarter:

On the back call (good call), but she was clearly on the floor and it should have been an out of bounds spot. Team was not in the bonus, so therefore there should have not been any shots. 2 shots were given. I believe one of the female officials was talking to the coach about that and he was trying to explain that she was not in the act of shooting.

42.0, First Quarter:

There was a steal and a push in the back causing the player to go to the floor. In my opinion, that should have been an intentional foul. There was no play for the ball at all. It was also the teams 7th foul and should have been 1 & 1 shooting. The ball was spotted out of bounds.

24.0, First Quarter:

The slot should have had a whistle on this play, but the lead came across the paint to get it. It was a good pickup call, but I think the C should have got it. Good job lead!!!

24.0, First Quarter:

Correctable Error discoverd:

Failure to award a merited free throw. It was discovered no later than during the first dead ball, before the second live ball.

Should have went back to the 1-1 first, and then to the point of interuption which would have been the 1 shot left on the and-1, #5 shooting.

Second Quarter

5:54

Double Dribble or travel possible. Hard to say.

4:20

I would have passed on that foul. No much contact at all.

3:47

The Slot, no call. Lead had to come from the opposite side of the court to make the call. Lead needs to close down if a call is going to made like that. Slot needs to be strong.

3:20

Red #5 walked, no jump ball.

1:25

Jump ball situation, timeout should not have been given.

Third Quarter

7:02

Walk on Red #5. passed on the walk and called the hand check and game her continuation to the basket (NBA?) Should have been on the floor.

Nothing else worth talking about. This is just my opinion of what I saw in the game and I know that its easy to sit on the couch and evaluate. So, good job all 3 officials and I hope yall can get a tape or DVD to review. I am going to share this with my buddies so we can get better as well.