View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 01, 2007, 02:22am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingnumber7
I see a lot of talk about warnings but no place in the rule book does it say anything about warnings. The coaching box is in place for a coach to do just that...Coach. I both coach and officiate and I would rather coach my girls through bad officiating, at the freshmen level it is horrible here. As an official I handed out T's in games over the holiday break. Both were JV games. I never handed out a warning. When a coach comes flying off the bench in response to a call trying to upstage the officiating it warrents a T. My theory is a coach knows when he's getting a T and knows when he's pushing buttons.
Although your philosophy makes sense, it would never work in the college setting, at least not in the Northeast. Our assignors expect us to tell the coaches before they get out of control that they are on their way... either by speak to them or with the "stop sign". I got MAD props the other night from my assignors for giving the "stop sign." I never used it before that game and it worked... both for getting a good rating and also for telling the coach to stop bi**hing!

Last edited by Official99; Mon Jan 01, 2007 at 02:43am.