Thread: more patient?
View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 31, 2006, 03:02pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
Could you explain that a little more, please. I keep reading about "game interrupters" and how they're supposed to be such a bad thing, but I'm not really sure what a "game interrupter" really is. Doesn't every single whistle that any official blows, whether it was for a violation or a foul, interrupt the game? Is the concept that you should call fewer violations and fouls so as to not interrupt the game as much, with the goal of eventually reaching a point where you don't call anything and you never interupt the game?
No, the officials whistle does not ever interupt the game, or the flow of the game. The foul or violation does that. I just make sure that if I'm blowing my whistle, the game has really already been interupted. Does that make sense? Are you going to call every contact a foul? No. Where do you draw the line when B1 is tracking A1 with his left hand? When the flow of the play has been interrupted, right?