View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 28, 2006, 02:54pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mplagrow
What the h-e-double toothpicks does that mean, anyway? Maybe I'm just daft. As far as I know there is a limit to how many warnings. Limit one.
You're not daft, I don't think, but the one warning refers to the Delay of Game situation. If a coach is giving you a hard time, you give him/her as many warning to sit down, shut-up, let it go, calm down as you want, no limit here. Lot of people like to think that once I formally warn a coach, he gets no more warnings, but really there is no rule that says the next one is a direct technical.

Quote:
As far as T-ing up the coach when he's talking to your partner, you dang well better be sure. I had a partner come from across the court and ding a coach who was asking me a legitimate question, because he'd already heard enough from the coach that night. I'll never work with that guy again.
That's my point, the official didn't take care of business the first time, now here he comes after the fact, still hot about the previous encounter and embarrasses both you and himself by giving a technical. Now you are caught in between.

Last edited by Old School; Thu Dec 28, 2006 at 03:28pm.