View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 28, 2006, 09:16am

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainbrian
Had a situation where I warned the coach once to be quiet, I didn't get a chance to tell my partner.

Does it then look unprofessional if the coach is clearly yelling at your partner and you come in from across the court and give the coach a technical? It seems like it might be almost like calling out of your area, but would that be tolerated in this instance?

Thoughts? What would you do?
Who cares about looks, and no it is not unprofessional, and if you gave him a technical after you warned him, good job. If the coach is venting at my partner and he's not swearing or trying to show my partner up by jumping up and down, kick the chair, throw the clipboard down. Short of anything like this, it is not illegal. That's what coaches do.

Now, like what some of the other posters have said, if my partner is a rookie, or my son. No, I'm not going to let a coach destroy there confidence like that. Short of that, my partners can take care of themselves. Typically, what I have seen is if a coach is complaining alot, he's complaining about everything. The next time it will be your call or no call. So you can just wait until it's your turn, and if he's continues complaining, technical. You are nice, you warn him. I'm not warning a complaining about everything coach. Coaches need to pick and choose their battles but they can't complain about everything.