View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 03, 2002, 10:08am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Ump20
Lightbulb Did It

Quote:
Originally posted by phillycheese
Well, I guess halfway from the car to the field without your mask is better than halfway back to your car from the field realizing you didn't have your mask!!!
I once did a game w/out shin gards, of course didn't realize till I went to remove them!! I'm sure everyones done something similar.
Phillycheese

Oh, and thanks for the encouragement.
It was just last summer that I did an entire inning without shin guards. What I think is interesting is that my partner showed up at the last minute which means I wasn't really "ready" for the plate. Sure, if you have no partner ten minutes before the game start getting ready to do the plate because it's now your job. But when both partners get to the field at least 20 minutes or even 30 minutes before game time you're both more relaxed and ready to go. I am equally comfortable on the bases or behind the plate and will usually defer to my partner as to which he wants to do. I have one sort of steady guy doing Connie Mack games. Dave prefers the plate so sometimes he'll do two or three plates for each one that I do.