View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 20, 2006, 03:35pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deecee
if you really want to stick to them tell this story to a local newspaper and see if they would like to lambaste said school.

i have no issue with a team not wanting me there -- usually it is for stupid petty reasons -- never have I heard "I dont want him there because he doesn't know the rules" its always "He screwed us and I dont like him" yeah real great argument there. How did he screw you coach or AD? He called a foul with little time remaining that helped the other team win. What they fail to realize is that 'their' player fouled the other team helping them win. All I did was blow my whistle and call them on it.

On a side note -- last week I had a girls varsity game where with about 3 second left in the half there is a loose ball in the paint and the offense has a hand on the ball and the defense jumps over the side of the her shoulder -- no contact -- and grabs the ball and bagins to slide (with both players having possession as the offensive player now has the ball in one arm) -- I call a jump -- didnt want anything to escalate with 3 seconds left and the offensive player wasnt in the key long enough to warrant a 3 second violation.

Home team gets possession due to the arrow and its pretty much a wasted possession granted.

Wait for the teams to clear for half time and the shot clock operator asks was that a jump ball or violation or foul -- I said you were here when I made the call and you know what it was. He responds that was a horrible call. All I told him was that all I need from him is to work the clock and keep all opinions to himself. He said something else and (methinks hes also game management) so I said one more opinion from you and not only will I replace you but it will cost the home team a T as well. now the clock operator says to me "you dont know who he is" to which I replied "I do know enough that you will be joining him very soon in the stands if you want to keep this convo up"

they b!itched to the HC after half time -- and within about 2 minutes my parnter T's the home coach. Now if this school wanted to black list me -- I would say I have no problem if they can come up with a fair and reasonable excuse for such a request -- even if they couldnt i dont care I just want to hear the reason.

On a side note -- I would normally just replace the table personell should they become a pain in my azz but in the case where the table is also game management i think a T is warranted where they cross the line -- this is different from Ting up a fan who has crossed the line and just eject them. what do you guys think?

--consider this thread jacked--
My opinion is that you are a dangerous referee, and that is not a compliment. You seem to make things up as you go along. Most of your posts are not useful for anyone. T-ing up the table? Are you kidding me?