View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 20, 2006, 09:55am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignats75
...During our pregame, we basically said that we were just going to ignore him unless he directly showed us up to the crowd or got pesronally abusive to one of us.

Why would you ignore him?
Because thats what we always try to do with the whiners. As far as your rant about communication is concerned, I don't thinnk anyone here would dispute what you said. I will gladly communicate with any coach that demonstrates a desire to have some communication with me. Whining does not constute a willingness to do that. Yet having been a coach, I empathize with the frustration and pressure they feel, so I tend to ignore the whining if it doesn't interefere with my performance or inflame the crowd. When it does, (s)he gets the stop sign. I don't care, at that point, if they like the stop sign or not, because the next thing that happens after a stop sign is a T. By the time a stop sign is given, we're done communicating anyway.

You can say I'm too tolerant. Thats fine, and you are intitled to your opinion. But that tolerance is part of my personality and style and while I am not afraid to whack any coach that warrants it, I don't have a hair trigger either.