View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 17, 2006, 08:24pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al
Hello everyone.

I wear glasses and I correct to 20/20 or slightly better with them, but because of a fogging problem from time to time I'm thinking of getting Lasik surgery. I'm nearsighted with some astigmatism so I know I will need to wear reading glasses if I do get the Lasik surgery. As far as contac lenses go... I have tried to wear them but they bother my eyes too much. I was wondering if anyone who is nearsighted has had lasik eye surgery and if their vision is negatively affected at the distance that's required from behind the plate. Thanks for any feedback.

Can't wait to late March to get back at the ole' ball park. ... Al
Hello Al, I didn't read through all the replies so the following info may have already come you way.

I needed glasses to correct to 20/20 and also had a fogging problem from time to time. At the time I was a police officer working street patrol and occasionally when going indoors from outside my glasses would fog. I purchased an anti fogging paste from a vender at a local fair and it worked great. Every night before I started my shift I would clean my glasses with the paste ... no fogging the entire shift.

I also tried contacts but it didn't work out.

About 2 years ago I had LASIK performed on both eyes. I was nearsighted and also had significant astigmatism in my left eye. The results are wonderful. I do not need reading glasses. The only problem is a bit of double vision in the left eye at night while looking at a bright light (like a traffic signal) and that problem is still improving.

If LASIK is an option for you it will probably be well worth your while.