View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 15, 2006, 10:58am
Official Forum Member

Double Checking 3 Answers?

A sign of "old age".....they keep changing the rules on us!

I know these answers may be obvious to most of you....but, just wanted to double check with all the experts to see if I'm still with it.

NFHS BB - Part II

25. "Continuous motion only applies if the defensive foul is committed against the shooter."
TRUE - (Can an off-ball foul against another team member of the shooter have any significance with "continuous motion" on the shooter? ie: counting the basket on a foul away from the shooter?)

40. "If both parts of a double personal foul are intentional, each fouled player is awarded two free throws."
FALSE - No free throws....throw-in POI.

76. "A team member may wear jewelry provided he/she does not become a player."
FALSE - My partner & I disagree over this statement. He feels he can't penalize if the person with jewelry doesn't become a player. I maintain that the person wearing jewelry is a "team member" and as such...3.5.1 refers to "team members" shall not wear equipment/apparel that is not appropriate, and 3.5.7 refers to jewelry not permitted....I'm assuming....among "team members". A'm I reading too much into this? Or, heaven forbid, my partner is correct when he says the statement is True because the "team member" hasn't violated anything until they become a player.

Thanks in advance of your responses!