View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 12, 2006, 11:25am
Official Forum Member

correctible done right?

about 4 minutes left in a boys soph game and white ahead by 20. white player fouls B1 and then proceeds to drop the "that's an f*ing bovinepoop call" -- my partner made the initial foul call and by the time the bovinepoop comment was made the player was at half court about 10 feet away from me -- so I ring him up.

In my haste I forgot to mark B1 who had 2 shots coming in the double bonus.

B2 comes forward and honestly he looked like B1 so I didn't even think about if he is the right shooter. He is also that teams best free throw shooter -- he first attempts the double bonus and makes one -- then the T and misses both -- I know how can he be the best.

Suddenly B1 comes up to me and says I was the one fouled -- coach says the same thing and so does the table. Poop i just screwed a pooch and it wasn't cute. So I go to my partner and ask him if he had the shooter and he says "no" -- so I tell him to nod yes and I point at B1. Good now at least it looks like one of us had the right shooter -- my partner was new so i was able to explain to the coaches that he is just nervous and still doesn't have his confidence to speak up. Coaches were fine and didn't really say anything.

So here is how I fixed it -- I wiped off the first 2 free throws that B2 took -- which included his one make -- and made B1 take them -- he made 1 missed one and then we inbounded B ball at half.