Thread: New coach
View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 31, 2002, 12:42am
Official Forum Member

On Friday, January 25 at El Rancho School. At halftime, I walked up the official and asked him to watch an El Rancho player, he responded by asking me if I was a new coach at Pioneer High School. I said "yes, this is my frist year," and he responded by telling me "you're a new coach in the league and you have to earn our respect, so you get the calls we give you."
As a head coach I know and feel that the team is being treated unfairly by the official in the league by their actions in this incident as well as other before. My main concern is that the team is being cheated by the officials who refuse to respect a coach simply because he is new. Although I am the new head coach at Pioneer High School, I have been involved in the league for ten years and know that the Long Beach division officials CAN do their job well. I feel every official should be fair, accurate, and consistent regardless of a coach's experience, reputation, or seniority.
Should I send this to the assigner, or is this going to hurt me for my last three games or even next year?