View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 11, 2006, 05:48pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Al
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota
You can always get a pair of no-line bifocal sunglasses... they won't be able to tell that they aren't just regular sunglasses! (They might begin to wonder when you wear sunglasses under the lights, though!)

BTW, messing with your eyes with a laser is a one-shot deal. I surely hope you are discussing ALL of these issues with your Dr. In addition to the near vs distance issue, there is the vision under the lights issue and the binocular vision (depth perception) issue.
Hi Dakota,

I want to thank you and all the umpires for the good imput and advice. And for all the good threads I am catching up on. You guys are great and I'm thankful to have access to this site.

My Eye Dr. asked me what was the most important thing I am looking to acheive from Lasik surgery...and I told him I do some umpiring and I want the very best sight for distance, but not if it would hinder calling balls and strikes. That's when he said in my case, since my non dominant eye has only a slight astigmatism and does not need too much correction the mono vision option may be the way to go since it wouldn't take much away from my distance yet it would allow much clearer vision up close for reading. He seems to think I would be happier with the mono correction. As far as the lights he said my pupils are big and halo's would most likely be a non issue. I will ask him about depth perception, but I think that's something that just takes a little time to get use to. Thanks, ...Al