View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 11, 2006, 02:25pm
Official Forum Member

To me, Tom ran his a** off to be able to look between the two players the whole way down the floor, and should have been able to take that call, but unlike Tom, who used his whistle as the tool of the trade by blowing it a couple of times, giving himself time before he made the signal, kept it from being a blarge where as Jim Burr blew and as soon as he blew, and maybe even before he was giving a block signal.

I feel that Jim Burr just overwhelms the game and took plays from the guys that needed to take the plays to the table, but I guess you can do that when you are considered one of the greats.

I know it is a little off topic, but on the topic of greats, did anybody watch the Boston College and Maryland game last night, and notice how when there is a foul that referee Teddy Valentine maybe should has a whistle on that even though he might not blow he still holds his fist in the air. I would never do that, but think that's pretty out of the ordinary, but understandable because if a less experienced official blows on a play and Teddy has the same thing, it gives that guy more credibility.