View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 11, 2006, 10:43am
Official Forum Member

LSU/UT Block/Charge

Great game that went into overtime.

Officials on the game were (via box score) James Burr, Mike Thibodeaux & Tom Eades. I know who Jim Burr is but don't know the others by sight.

There is one play in particular I want to throw out for discussion.

Around 13:00 in the second half LSU is in transition. A block charge happens right smack in the middle of the free throw semi circle. Burr is Lead opposite and the white hair gentlemen of the other two is C in front of the LSU bench.

Burr comes up with a block right away, but after slowing it down I notice the C has his left arm cocked and ready to punch the play the other way when he sees the block call and drops it.

My reason for posting is in light of the recent discussions of B/C calls at this level; I thought that even though C had one call and it looked like he was going to sell it hard the other way, he recognized the leads call and dropped it without any further confrontation.

I will add that there was an overhead shot afterwards of the players huddled in the lane and Burr comes walking past pointing to his chest. I wonder if he was talking to a coach or his partner. Anyone have any insight to how that goes down at that level?