Thread: 10 fouls
View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 30, 2002, 04:54pm
Official Forum Member

I will also add my two cents... I think all the scorebooks I have seen stop at 10 team fouls. (Mark help out here) but I'll bet the home team scorebook does not mark down more than 10 fouls.

While there is not a rule that states "Only put 10 on the board" , There are times when common sense rules and this is one of them. We really dont need a rule for everything do we?

there are a couple of things...

We only count team fouls to determine level of penalty (so if they want more on the board they are outside the realm of game management and fundamental rules) . The rules state 10 team fouls. There is no bonus prize if they get 20, 25, 30.

Brian you are right that we have a lot to worry about but you should care about good game management. What I wonder... what else will the coach try and pull.

If we take the attitude not on my watch it may not happen!. If the coach wants to keep track, he can have the peanut gallery do it from the cheap seats.

Besides if you think about it 10 is the largest number we have to count to, (team fouls and backcourt) and we only speak in one syllable colors. Ten keeps it simple for us, I think I might tell the coach I can only count to 10 and I'm sure you dont want me taking of my shoes to be able to count higher than 10!