Thread: a rough night
View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 08, 2006, 01:12pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School
JR, you can continue to play your games as long as you want. If you want to make this about my rulebook, then go right ahead, I can't stop you, but I can say this. What does the fact that I got a rulebook or not have to do with the question the original poster asked? And also, the answer was not in the rulebook. We all know that neither official can change another officials call, what we didn't know, or what I didn't know and yes, I enhanced the original poster question to what to do when the other official won't back down? That was the issue for me, and that was the question I needed answered.
Again, JMO, you posted re: the original post--that if the officials can't agree in a situation like the original post, then the R decides. That statement was completely wrong , as per the rules that I cited. You continued to argue otherwise instead of simply picking up your rule/case books and checking the references. And this is certainly not the first time that you have done something like this on other subjects also. You have been asked before what is contained in a rules citation or case book play, and you always dodge the answer. That certainly leads me to the conclusion that you do not possess current rules and case books. You also adamantly refuse to answer whether you actually do have books. I hate to break this too, and this really isn't a flame, but the only conclusion that logically can be reached is that you are NOT an official per se. If you are are just a fanboy passing through, then post away. But please don't post obviously incorrect rules information that you have no backing for. That does more harm than good when it comes to the new or inexperienced officials that are trying to learn and improve by reading this forum.

And again, quite obviously JMO.

Last edited by Jurassic Referee; Fri Dec 08, 2006 at 02:42pm.