View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 08, 2006, 12:44pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BktBallRef
Two things:

Informing the coach he has no timeouts left is found in the Officials Manual. It's not a rule.

If the official scorer had 1 tiemout remaining, then there would be no reason to notify the coach.
Ding wrong answer, thank you for playing 2-11-6 requires the coach to be notified that there is no remaining time.

However you are absolutely right

If the offiicial scorekeeper made one mistake and did not record something right in the book ( and by the way we should have known this and checked) and failed to notify us, We should compound the issue and give the guy the additional timeout without penalty that allowed him to win the game because he got the clock stopped, setup the game winning play. Whoops opposing coach the official scorebook just screwed you and well it was our fault for not knowing what was going on out on the floor. Sorry your chances for the league title are screwed because well you see, the official scorekeeper gave the hoe team and extra time out and well I just cant do anything about it because well I just ref, I cant know whats going on with the table and the scoreboard although it is all my responsibility. Pardon my inability to officiate your game properly. Hope to see you next season...