View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 08, 2006, 11:01am
Official Forum Member

Anyone who calls a technical foul here is crazy and is intent on career suicide, IMHO.

The OFFICIAL SCORER has a record that Team A has one time out left. When the official grants the time out, he is granting a time out that team A HAS.

If, during the time out, the visiting scorer realizes that the official book was in error, and at that point all parties agree that Team A should have been out of time outs, it does NOT change the fact that when the time out was GRANTED, team A OFFICIALLY had one time out remaining, and it was granted LEGALLY. That seems to fall into the "non-correctable error" category to me.

Now, the situation is different if the OFFICIAL SCORER is the one that has no time outs remaining in his book. Let's say that coach B asks the visitiing scorer "how many time outs do I have?" Scorer B says one. He requests and is granted a time out, and the official scorer informs you that B had no time outs remaining.

Now I have a technical foul which I am mad at myself for the rest of the year for having because it should have been prevented with better game management.