View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 07, 2006, 11:00pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomegun
Wow! There are a lot more problems in high school basketball than this. Let's start with all the ball watching (not talking about you) that goes on. Will eliminating ball watching or making sure everyone uses the stop clock signal make the high school game better? I think we know the answer to that one.
Tommy,

I did not say this was a big problem in any way. I am just asking if this is an issue in that state. If officials in this kind of game used this mechanics here, it would bring a lot of whispers and complaining from evaluators and some assignors, as well as many officials in the peanut gallery. I personally would love to add those mechanics to the NF system or adopted by my state, but they are not allowed at this point. I even get in certain games and do not stop the clock (like I did tonight). I just do not use these mechanics when the lights are the brightest or I know there is a potential to be observed. I just wanted to know if this was even a big deal considering all the comments I hear on this site about how NF mechanics should be used at all times and you should not work games at the HS level without perfect mechanics (of course I am being sarcastic). You can read a couple of posts recently and see that for yourself. I was just wondering and basically the officials called a very good game. I understood why they made the calls they did and the reason they did not make calls. It was a very well officiated game from my point of view.

Peace