View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 07, 2006, 09:05pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Fronheiser
It is, JR, because it's exactly how I would handle it. There's no way in HELL I would disallow such a basket. If my whistle goes off before the horn, it's a timing error. I am going to have definite knowledge and I am going to put time back on the clock. End of story.

Anything else is cheating the team with the ball. Common sense and fair play still stand for something.
I said it wasn't worth a reply because there is a very explicit rule--rule 5-10-- that says that you just simply can't do anything like deecee suggested. If you want to ignore that rule, hey, be my guest.

To be quote honest, I personally don't really give a damn how anyone handles it, Rich. I'm just saying how the current rules say that it must be handled- imo. If anybody can come up with something out of the current rules and case book that says anything different, hey, my mind could be changed awful easy. Unfortunately, there hasn't been one rules citation posted in this thread yet giving another way to handle it that doesn't go against the rules that I cited.

Please note that I didn't say how I would personally handle this situation either in this thread. Again, I'm simply disagreeing with the conclusion that given in the original post of this thread. I think that the answer given out in that post can not be justified under existing rules. Twp anyway.

Last edited by Jurassic Referee; Thu Dec 07, 2006 at 09:33pm.