Thread: a rough night
View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 07, 2006, 02:06pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School
Grow up....

It's not what you say but how you say it.

Then why do you continue to do it?

That rule citation does not address this poster original question or my scenario. As I told you before I have personal experience with this type of behavior. If you want to insist that this type of thing never happens, then okay. But please don't take this the wrong way, but, that just means you are not qualified to answer this question. If you want to say like most of the others here to stand your ground, going by the written word in the book that no official can overrule another officials decision. You just invited a rookie official, and it doesn't have to be a rookie official either, but you just invited an official to go to war with his partner right there face to face. Have you ever heard of 2 officials coming to blows, that right, fighting in a game? I have! This is the type of thing that can happen when 2 arrogant guys won't back down. Now what do you do genius? I notice you never answer that question? Okay, I think I need to say this. We already know who's right and who's wrong, rule 2.6, but what does that have to do with it? It's about the pride now, losing face, right and wrong got nothing to do with it now.

Let me say it like this. I asked several senior officials what they would do in my situation. One DI official told me he would walk off the floor and tell the guy he could call the rest of the game without me cause it's obvious he doesn't need me. Maybe one day when I'm established like him I can pull that stunt. Now I understand that that's the macho thing to do, but I also understand that if I walk off an assignment, I'm just as wrong as the official who changed my call, and I might not ever get assigned to a game like that again. My motto Mr. JR is live to fight another day. Do you mind if I share that with the others who might have been in the same boat as I. I said it like this; "You're the R for the game, we're not going to sit here and quibble over who's right or wrong, we got a game to call and finish, go over to the table and tell them what we've going to do, explain it to the coaches and let's move on." It's your hide not mined.

You would be surprised to learn what this assigner did after I told him what happen.
All of this and the vast majority of what this poster says is nonsense. It is detrimental to the forum and I would ask that this poster be removed from the forum. He is helping no one - most importantly newer officials who are looking for real help with this job. Enough is enough. Moderators - please do something about this guy.