Thread: a rough night
View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 07, 2006, 12:00pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School
Now tell us what to do when officials disagree? Jump Ball? flip a coin? duke it out? What do we do genius?
Old School, do you own a current NFHS rule and case book? Yes or no? If the answer is "yes", then all you have to do is look up the cites given to date in this thread. I've told you several times in different threads where to find rules citations saying that you are wrong in your assumptions, but you never seem to just go and look up those citations to see if I'm correct or not.

I don't want to get into a flame war with you, and it kinda looks like Bob really doesn't want me too either. But.....all you really had to do was look up the rules citations that I gave you, and you'd know exactly what the proper procedures to follow are when 2 officials disagree. And I can tell you that you won't find anything anywhere in there that I know of that states that the R can make a decision when 2 officials disagree, except for the one very specific situation that I also cited a rules reference for above--such situation not being relevant in any way to the situation that is being discussed in this thread.

My point is that if you don't own rule and case books, or if you don't know the rules, it's probably not really a good idea to try and answer rules-related questions.