Thread: a rough night
View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 07, 2006, 11:17am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School
No official has the authority to change another officials decision. JR, that's fine and dandy but disagreements do occur. It's a fact of life. Whether an official is suppose to or not, is not where this person is here today posting this situation, it is also not the real world. Maybe in the games you do this never happens, but in the games I have done, it has occasionally happened, and yes, there are some arrogant officials who will try and overrule your call and control the game. If you're unwilling to admit this never happens, than we are done talking. Just like it's a crime to steal. Just because the code of law says it's illegal doesn't mean it never happens. I've always approach the rulebook as a guide, not an absolute. Not everything is written that can possibly happen to you on the court. Now we got to deal with it. Just like if I walk in and catch a robber in my home. Sure, it should never happen because it's against the law, but guess what, it happens and I now got to deal with it because this thief is in my house right now.

Sh!t Happens
Just can't seem to find your rule book and case book , can you?

Well, JMO, contrary to what you posted above, the R is NOT responsible to make a decision when officials disagree on a call in a situation like the one posted in this thread. I just wanted to make sure that any new or inexperienced officials reading your post didn't make the mistake of believing that your statement that he was might be correct.

Last edited by Jurassic Referee; Thu Dec 07, 2006 at 11:38am.