Thread: Lodged ball?
View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 05, 2006, 05:29pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper1
You have now moved from saying that this particular official in the original post didn't know the rule to saying that ALL college officials should get out of the high school post-season because they are not dedicated to "the high school game".

Anybody besides me think that doesn't sound quite right?
You think it's right to give post-season assignments to people who only deign to work high school games to the extent that it makes them eligable for the post-season? Rather, shouldn't those assignments go to those individuals who work hard all season in the trenches focusing on the high school game?

Part of the reason getting and retaining new officials is so difficult is because of the lack of opportunities available. Situtations like these where people with interest in nothing but the post-season taking both regular season and post season assignments from other people galls me.

Now, I don't have an issue with someone working a balanced schedule, but at the point where you are only working the minimum to get a tourney assignment for the sole reason of getting the tourney assignment, you should just leave the work to those who are willing to focus on the high school game.