View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 05, 2006, 09:31am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomegun
It is hard to tell because you seem to be talking around the issue; did you have the jumpers lined up the wrong way or not? If so, I can't understand why you jumped again to fix your - and your partner's - mistake. If you (both of you) let them line up the wrong way and white violated, it should be a violation and the other team should get the ball.

A few things jump out at me that put a ? in my head and makes me think you might want to take your head out of the book and get a feel for the game.

1. How can the non-jumpers be lined up improperly? You mentioned "If only the jumpers were lined up improperly?" I thought only the jumpers had a proper way to be lined up.
2. You mentioned your partner's back court and carry signals looked alike. Is there really a difference? The back court/carry signal is one of the signals I hate (block is the other one) as a man, but I thought those were the same signal. How would they be different? Depending on the gym, this is one area where I feel officials should use their voice; too many officials are too quiet IMO.
I'm not sure what happened to create the problem. When I tossed the ball, in my mind, everything was set up properly and the kids knew where they were going.

1) What I meant by the non-jumpers lined up improperly was they were positioned and set to play at the wrong basket. Poorly worded on my part. This would be hard to do if the jumpers were in the proper position.

2) Backcourt and carry same signal ??? Nope.