View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 03, 2006, 12:08pm
Official Forum Member

The ultimate insult!

Why you shouldn't wear your uniform in public!

A little embarrasing sharing this because it's a comment about me but what the heck. My family decided to go to NH for thanksgiving and I already had committed to my game. So rather than back out on my crew I decided to buy a plane ticket and catch up with my family later in the day. Low and behold a Nor'easter came through NJ and the airports were all backed up.

My game was at 11 and my flight out of Philly was scheduled for 4:00 and was to arrive in Boston at 5:15 and dinner was to be approx. 6:00. So, when my ~3 hour penalty fest was over I had an urgent voice mail indicating that all flights were backed up by 2 hours which meant I would be missing turkey day dinner. Luckily, the earlier 1:30 flight was delayed until 3:30 and was told if I hurry I might make the delayed 1:30 plane. So, instead of changing I jump in my U's car and he drives me to Philly airport at nearly 70 mph and drops me off at the main gate. The gate agent told me if I sprinted through the terminal I might make the flight. So here I am running thru the terminal in knickers, striped socks, and a plain black shirt (I removed the stripes). I get to the gate and I make it in time and a little out of breath. So I took a seat after they confirmed I could fly as standby and feeling great knowing I would make dinner.

I'm thinking "wow this is awesome" until some old lady comes up to me and asks "Are you some kind of a football ref or a JOCKEY?"

Oh well, I did what I had to do.