View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 01, 2006, 10:03am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School
Also notice how I stick to my point (or call) at hand and not let the crowd persuade me or get to me. I may not always be right, that is life, but I stick to my belief (my call).
If your partner approached you with information that you kicked a rule would you change it or would you stick to your belief so that you don't look bad?

Quote:
I had a HS game where there was 2.1 seconds left after a OOB play to go in a one point game. The coach argued that the game clock should say 3.1 seconds. I told the coach there's a one second delay so there's the one second. Had he said 4.1 seconds, I could have put 3.1 seconds on the clock, but since he insisted that it should be 3.1.
You could not have put 3.1 seconds on the clock 2 years ago. You would have to put 4.1 seconds if you had definite knowledge that it ran down from 4.1 to 2.1.

Quote:
I was watching to see which way my partner was going to go with the ball. Clock was secondary.
Actually the clock should be your primary concern in this case. It takes only a split second to make sure that the clock is stopped and then you can find out where your partner is signaling the ball to go.