View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 30, 2006, 10:41pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdw3018
First of all, I'm new here, but I've noted others' responses to your posts and have to say I agree - I don't think you're an official.

Two points on your original post, though:
1. You're gonna let a coach tell you what should be on the clock? "Had he said 4.1 seconds, I could have put 3.1 seconds on the clock..." WTH?

2. The rule regarding lag time has been eliminated. If you DID have definite knowledge of a time other than 2.1 seconds, you could have changed it to that exact time.
The play happen 2 years ago. If I had definite knowledge I would have put it back on the clock, however, I stated very clearly that I didn't have definite knowledge. When the coach said one second different than what the actual time now reads. I told the coach there's a one second lag time. The coach needs to say at least 2 seconds different from the time or he leaves himself open to that interpretation from the official. The home team clock personnel and the home team coach is gonna yell and be right by rule, one second delay, you can't change, hence, this is probably why they remove this wording this year. My bet is it actually happened somewhere.

Don't be so quick to judge.