View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 28, 2006, 11:53am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School
Gentlemen, I'm glad I sparked such a intense discussion among us referee's.
(snipped a bunch of crap)
If we're tossing the ball by rule higher than the player can jump, and by rule, the player should not tough the ball until it's coming back down. Why is 90% of the R tosses not going up high enough? Nobody is following the rule when it comes to the jump ball because 90% of you don't even throw it up high enough. Oh, but you can jump all over me for not knowing that you don't touch the ball until it's coming down. But you say nothing to the 90-99% of you who allow the ball to be touched BEFORE it reaches it highest point. Sounds a bit hypocritical to me.
First of all, you're not allowed to say "us" here, not before the word "referee's" (sic).
Second, 90%? I've only had two tosses stolen in my entire career. The first one caught me off guard and we kicked it. I had the same team the next game, and he tried it again.

JR didn't make your point. JR said any official can call back a bad toss. You're calling back legal tosses because you don't think they look pretty enough.

I didn't say I have a problem with the U calling back a bad toss. I have a problem with the U calling back a legal toss because the jumpers mis-timed their jumps and it looked awkward.