View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 28, 2006, 09:01am
Lighten up, Francis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_ref
Well crappy, I didn't see the game either but this year's book has what they call a *major concern for men*. Maybe this applies?
Quote:
Airborne Player/Excessive or Severe Contact. When a player is airborne attempting a lay-up, any excessive contact by an opponent shall be an intentional personal foul, even when the opponent is legitimately attempting to play either the ball or the player. When the contact is severe, a flagrant personal foul shall be assessed. The airborne player is in a position of vulnerability and any contact that is excessive or severe shall be penalized.
It absolutely applies, but it doesn't say that a hard foul from behind MUST be flagrant. It says if the contact is severe, it should be flagrant, otherwise intentional. And from the one angle I saw, with no replay, I said it didn't look severe. But I didn't see him get pulled down or his head hit the basket support. After hearing about the full extent of the contact, I agree with the officials totally. I was in no way trying to say that they blew the call.