View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 24, 2006, 08:47am
MABO Member

Thanks Billy. I don't question the intentions of NFHS nor David in these posts. I see that what you have posted clearly indicates what NFHS expects the benefits of participating in extra curricular activities. I still think that you would have to infer that (in this case) the court is to be an extension of the "classroom" even from this quote. It states that the activities are mearly an extension of a good educational program. Unless it says to me that it is an extension then I wont treat it any differently.

Respect the game, respect the officials, respect the players. Don't allow violence and don't cross the "line". It is most evident by the way this post has gone the "line" is different for everyone.

I understand why you handled your situation the way you did. I would have probably done it that way as well, unless he said it loud enough for everyone to hear and in a degrading or derogatory manner. Friendship or not their are some things you just can not allow to be said or done when public are in close proximity.
Once again, it comes back to every situation may require a different unique response.

This is my opinion, you are entitled to yours, and you may not be wrong.

Smoke

All references/comments are intended for educational purposes. Opinions are free.

Last edited by SmokeEater; Fri Nov 24, 2006 at 08:50am.