View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 28, 2002, 08:44am
Official Forum Member

A couple of weeks ago, I posted a question about what to do if a Varsity Coach was on the bench during the JV game and was yacking away the whole game. Last Friday was my first trip back to their gym, since then. I informed my partner of the my history with the team (timer issues also). Anywhoo, the V Coach is standing behind the JV bench just howling away at me, near the end of the first quarter, I tell the JV coach, that he is the only coach I want to hear from all game. The beginning of the second quarter while play was going on near the home bench the V Coach, pointed out about 3 or 4 calls I missed in a 3 second span (push, 3 seconds, and a travel). The ball goes out of bounds and he continues to chew on my ear, I turn around, give the stop sign and say "Coach, I've heard enough from you." 2 seconds into my throw-in count, he generously pointed out some more violations that I overlooked, WHACK. I told the JV coach he had his seatbelt on and the V coach watched the rest of the game from the stands, by choice.

After the game, I heard the JV coach tell my partner that is the first time the V coach ever got rung up for his antics.