View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 17, 2006, 05:16pm
Official Forum Member

Not Yet

1. NO I have not yet 'T' a coach during half time.

2. I was working a game where the home team was down by 17 points and crawled back into the game and were down by 3 points with 3:57 left in the game. The visiting coach was angry on a charge called I made. He proceeded to object about the call. I moved down to lead and the visiting coach kept yelling this time he was past halfcourt. I 'T'd him and the home team missed both shots and turned the ball over. The went from 3 down to 12 down in 57 seconds. The Home coach told me that I screwed him over. I asked him why? He said if I would have never 'T'd the other coach it would have not fired up the other team. Here's your sign.

3. I am new to this area. VERY BUDDY BUDDY AND GOOD OLD BOY system here. I long standing veteran official from this area told me his story and was confirmed by another. This vet was working a double header - girls then boys. One of the assigned officials for the boys game could not make it so he was told to take the game for him. AT the end of the hard fought heated girls game, this vet runs by the boys head coach. The head coach makes a comment that he is glad he doesn't have the vet for his game because he sucked. The vet official 'T's him up. Mind you the boys game is not for another 20-25 minutes. The AD objects. The vet tells him he will get 'T'd. Guess what - the AD gets a 'T'. When the officials come out for the boys game. The boys varsity coach is very upset still. He gets another 'T' and the AD again. The start the game with 8 free throws with the home team's head coach ejected. The visiting team makes 7 out of the 8. I asked a friend of mine who knew of this vet. He said yes and that the story was true. WOW. I never heard of a coach getting 'T'd up before the game.