Thread: Ncaa Blarge?
View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 16, 2006, 02:47pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimlet25id
What if your partner was absolutely sure that the defender never established a LGP. In a Women's college game it's really a easy fix. The calling official would simply tell the coach, "I'm absolutely sure your player never established a LGP..it has to be a block. About the same way you would say my partner had the foul/violation first.

If I call a double foul is the block/charge situation how is that more equitable? Your penalizing a player who doesn't deserve it. I know none of us want to admit that we are wrong but in this case, block/charge, one of us is. You think telling a coach that we have to go double fouls is better then explaining to them that we got together and we are sure such and such happened and this is the way we are calling it.

Besides when ever there is a block/charge one official is sure what he/she has. In the men's game even though one official is sure, it doesn't matter. Because his partner had a brain fart he has to go double foul. Its just awful hard for me to believe that any of us would like to do that if we knew that we had the right call!!!
Because as a crew, you've already proven you're not sure. Two people in stripes saw the exact same play differently, and whistled such.

For what it's worth, Marshall and Williams didn't seem particularly non-plussed about the double foul result in the Carolina game last night. Seemed to understand the rule-Marshall gave a half-hearted wave-off afterward. Went about as well as a blarge can go.

Last edited by Jesse James; Thu Nov 16, 2006 at 02:51pm.