Thread: Red Card Rule
View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 16, 2006, 08:20am
Official Forum Member

r2c - I disagree, your answer may not be correct.

For example, if one of my players is sent off in his/her last game at regionals, that player does not necessarily come back and serve a suspension in his/her next league or tournament game at home - it depends upon the rules of the competition. I can tell you for a fact that said player would not serve a league suspension in my area.

Another example -in at least one state, a player playing in an amatuer (adult) game on his USYS player (and appropriate forms filled out) pass does not serve a suspension earned in the adult league by sitting out in any youth games - the suspension is served in the competition in which it was earned.

I have already given you the example of Kristine Lilly in an international event - sanctioned through FIFA, but not organized by FIFA. Players earning a Champions League ejection would not serve a suspension in their domestic league. Players earning a domestic cup ejection would not serve a suspension in their league.

your state may have players serve suspensions earned in other events, but that is neither a FIFA nor a USSF mandate. In the case mentioned, and in all cases, the correct answer is to check the rules of the competiton in which the player next plays. I hope this makes sense.

Your assessment of USCS clubs is off the mark for what exists in many areas of the country, too. There are just as many blue teams as red (rouge). If you meant rogue , I would say the same thing. It may be that it is not very organized in your area, but you should know that there are many very good clubs that participate as USCS teams every year in leagues and tourneys.