View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 14, 2006, 02:19pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimlet25id
Yes it is up to the team to keep track of their own TO's. In the previous thread the book told them they had one when they didn't. In this case they called a TO that they thought they had. After the official grants the TO the book says they are out, the "T" is assessed, the B team shoots 2 throws, then the book tells the official that they did have a TO available. This all happened during one stoppage of play.

It is correctable because it was a unmerited free throw and the T happened prior to the recognition of the error.

There is no way that we can let this happen & play on. We assessed a penalty from bad information from the book. We have to correct. If a coach asks how? Explain, the correctable error rule and the bookkeeping mistake. W
Well, I see how you could do it this way in one stoppage of play. I mis understood the OP, and thought there had been some playing time between the FT and the discovery of the error. I agree with you about how to handle it in the one dead ball period instance. and give the TO, and then go from there.

But I still don't think it's a "correctable error."

What if there had been some playing time? Can I be right in that instance? Is it negotiable?