View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 14, 2006, 12:51pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref
My vote is that this is a correctable error.

BTW what is with all of these threads about time-out tracking problems with the table on this forum lately?

And is anyone out there becoming convinced that the officials should mentally keep the time-outs and not leave this up to the table?
Why wouldn't this fall under awarding. "unmerited free throw?" It would be no different if the table tells you that the foul was the 7th when in fact it was the 6th.

I'm going correctable on this and canceling activity that happened prior to the recognition of an error. That would include the "T".

I'm sure this wouldn't happen this way. The official book already told the Op that the team had 1 TO left. If the official were to assess a T, the book would speak up as tot he discrepancy. That would cause the official to research the info to see where the discrepancy happened. However if one book has one thing and the other book has another and we were all as good as NEVA, our information would match up with one of the books. That would help validate the officials decision to make a change if warranted.