View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 10, 2006, 08:06am
M.A.S.H.

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref
Tanner, my man, I'm WAY ahead of you...

2003-04 NFHS BASKETBALL RULES INTERPRETATIONS

SITUATION 2: Team A started the game with seven team members in the scorebook. All team members foul out but one, A1. Team A is leading by eight points with 38 seconds left in the game with a chance to win. A1 fouls B2 with Team B in the bonus. A1 occupies one of the first marked lane spaces for the free throw, with no teammate to occupy the other required space. RULING: By rule, a team may continue to play with one player if that team has an opportunity to win the game. Accordingly, since Team A can only put one player in the required free-throw marked lane space, it cannot be penalized. Further, Team B may not occupy the first marked lane space left vacant by Team A. (3-1-1 Note, 8-1-3)

How did I know that this ruling existed? I wrote it on this very forum and someone took it and submitted it to the NFHS.
Sweet! I figured it had been discussed before, just wasn't sure when. Turns out, it was just before I stated. Thanks all.

Edit: Thanks Nevada for digging up the old thread. Great stuff to start off my Friday morning! It appears my orginal thinking was in line with a few others until they officially made the ruling.

Last edited by tjones1; Fri Nov 10, 2006 at 08:14am.