Thread: Coverage Areas
View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 09, 2006, 12:14pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimlet25id
Dude... thats harsh!!!! Your probably one of those guys who say its my way or the highway. You mean none of what I was saying makes any sense to you @ all.

I'm curious to the highest level you work @ now?
Dude, you really do not know much about me or my philosophies. I believe in the mechanics and I believe in team work. When someone does something outside of their job description, it causes resentment amongst crew mates and puts a higher scrutiny on the official not doing what is in their job description.

Since you asked I must give full disclosure. I work Football, Basketball and Baseball. I work college primarily in Basketball and Baseball. I was hired last year in D1 in baseball last year and likely will work again this year. I have been for years asked to work college football and finally this year I worked a few lower level college JV games to work on 7 man which is going to likely norm after this year. I say all of this because in working all these sports there is a belief to call your primary first and if you go out of your primary you better be 100% correct. If people on the crew (in any sport) do not carry their weight, they will not be there much longer. I guess the D1 mentor I referred to (who worked his first NCAA Men's Tournament this past season) also does not know what they are talking about and was an instructor at a D1 camp I attended last year is wrong and you are right.

Peace