View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 09, 2006, 07:52am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref
That's kind of a cop out answer, JR.

Now tell us how you would handle it, if the situation confronted you during a game. Take the OP situation in which one coach directly addresses you about it. What are you going to do?
How is that a cop out answer, Nevada? I'm saying that officials shouldn't ever interject themselves into these stoopid situations that are governed by regulations that have got nothing to do with us. That's my opinion- not a cop-out.

And are you telling me that you don't know what the substitution rules are? Gee, the opposing coach certainly knows the correct applicable rules, doesn't he? Maybe he can train you. He's probably already asking you why the game ain't going on and whether the other coach is going to be charged with a TO because he stopped the game for something that isn't a correctable error.

Of course, if you hadda followed the rules from the git-go and charged the coach with that TO for delaying the game by asking his questions, he could have legally put his sub in anyway at the end of that TO, couldn't he? If a coach doesn't know that he can sub at the end of a TO, then maybe he needs the opposing coach to teach him that too. The opposing coach seems to be the only one in the gym that knows the rules anyway.