Thread: Coverage Areas
View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 09, 2006, 12:53am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimlet25id
How we got this far of course I don't know. You taking what I'm saying out of context. If you read my posts you will find that I'm not referring to minor fouls or any violations. I'm talking about the big GIANT no brianer calls that everyone knows there has to be a whistle. These are very few and far in between. However I raised that point to the posts that suggest that you never can come out of your primary.
Well if you are talking about no-brainer calls, you sure do not know how to admit that. Also remember what is considered a "no-brainer" call is very subjective.

Quote:
C'mon. Nobody is talking about ball watching. You act like you can't possibly ever see the ball while it's not in your primary. What if you don't have anything in your primary? Can your secondary extend into your partners primary?
I work a lot of 3 man mechanics. There is a lot to watch when you have 3 officials working the game. Most of the time I am officiating I am never watching anything that goes on in my partner's area. Of course there are dual areas or I see one part of the play and my partner sees another part, but I definitely am not watching for a long period of time in my partners area. Many times if I see something in my partner's area, I did not see the entire play.

Quote:
Well I don't know who you talk to or what camps you attend. The camps I attend and the level I work @ this is a philosphy that we officiate by. Nobody ever said that we have to call evreything. You need to take some time and read the previous posts. As far as manuals, try taking a look @ the CCA manuals. These will cover primary and secondary areas in depth.
I went to a pretty big time camp this summer for the first time. I have been to other D1 camps but this is one I attended was had people all over the country, not just a region. I got ripped apart for making a call as the trail official deep into the lead's coverage area. The evaluator asked my partner what did he see on the call. He responded that he had nothing that he thought warranted a foul. Now at the time I was confident that my call was the right call, until during the evaluation process. Now whether I thought I was right or not, really does not matter. The point is that it was seen by the people that observed as the wrong call. What I think does not matter. And it was said over and over again at this camp about trusting your partner and working as a team. I was not the only person that was made an example of as it related to this kind of situation, but that does not fit the point of view you are spouting off on this site. I guess this is why some officials get picked up and others never get picked up. You live and learn.

Peace